Rules of participation to the 22th edition of the Festival
The 22th edition of the Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (... y no tan Niños) will be held from August 8th to 13th, 2017 in differents cinemas of Mexico City, Estado de México, Hidalgo, Michoacán, Oaxaca and Tijuana.
Once again, the Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (... y no tan Niños) has been organized with the intent of sharing customs, cultures, and languages by presenting to children of Mexico the best cinematographic production for children from all over the world.
The categories of films of the festival are the following:
- Feature films of live action or animation
- Short films of live action
- Short films of animation
- Documentaries for kids
- Short films produced by kids of Mexico and other countries (non competitive).
The22th Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (...y no tan Niños) give a symbolic award and one diploma in each category in copetition. The Festival will be in charge to send the award to each winner after the event.
- For the pre-selection of the film materials will be received in one of the following formats, regardless of their original format: DVD, link of Dropbox, Wetransfer or Vimeo (.mov o .mp4). For the projection during the Festival, copies must be in one of the following formats: HD, 35mm or DCP.
- Submitted materials must have been produced between 2012 and today.
- Application is free of charge. However, the shipping costs of the cinematographic materials will be paid by the applicant.
- The applicant must provide, with the copy of the film materials, a duly completed entry form in MS Word format or, after registering, the electronic entry form, as well as two still photographs of the materials and a photograph of the director (in JPG format at resolution of 300 dpis), information on the director, the film and the producer, full data sheets and synopsis. All these items may be uploaded with the electronic entry form or sent by electronic mail to the following address: festivallamatatena.org or sent in a document in MS Word format on a CD.
- If you want to submit your materials electronically, please create an account and fill out the form in the site www.lamatatena.org/en/22ofestival. If there is any problem, please report to email: festivallamatatena.org.
- The materials must be submitted in their original language. If not in Spanish, a list of the dialogues in Spanish and/or English should also be provided. The list of the dialogues may also be uploaded, after registering, with the electronic entry form, or sent by electronic mail to the following address: festivallamatatena.org, or sent in a document in MS Word format on a CD.
- The materials for the selection and all requested information must be received before April 21, 2017.
- The 22th Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (...y no tan Niños) provides for participation in five categories, four of which will be into competition: live action or animation features, live action shorts, animation shorts, and documentaries. The category Shorts made by kids of Mexico and other countries will participate in exhibition only.
- The organizing committee will notify directors, producers and / or disbributors of the materials selected to participate in the 22th Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (…y no tan Niños) in May 2017.
- All materials for projection of selected films during the Festival must be received before June 16, 2017. The shipping costs of the materials will be paid by the applicant.
- The Organizing Committe declines any responsibility regarding the format and/or the date of application indicated, and declines as well any responsibility regarding any damaged or lost materials, and therefore recommends not to send any original.
- The 22th Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (...y no tan Niños) will be presented in different cinemas in Mexico City, Estado de México, Mérida, Michoacán, Tijuana and schedules. The schedule and all relevant information will be made available on the website: www.lamatatena.org.
- All materials that cannot be uploaded using the online entry form or cannot be sent by electronic mail should be sent by regular mail to the following address:
La Matatena, Asociación de Cine para Niñas y Niños, A.C.
Liset Cotera, Directora del Festival,
Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (...y no tan Niños)
Cerrada de Perales No. 2
Esquina con Calzada del Hueso
Colonia Granjas Coapa
México, D. F.
For more information, please write to:
or contact us by phone:
Tel: (55) 50 33 46 81 and (55) 50 33 46 82
Fax: (55) 56 65 72 33